There has been a substantial amount of speculations and rumours pertaining to Xiaomi’s Mi Note 2 which is due to be unveiled soon by the consumer electronics manufacturer and finally some genuine news have surfaced regarding some of the specifications of the device.
Xiaomi has scheduled an event on October 25 where all the official details of the Mi Note successor will be out of the bag once and for all. But before that happens, presentation slides claimed to be for the upcoming event have been leaked on Weibo, revealing all specifications and pricing details of the Mi Note 2.
Let’s have a look at all the leaked Specifications of the upcoming Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- The leaked slides reveal that the Xiaomi Mi Note 2 will feature a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED (1440×2560 pixels) display with Force Touch technology. Force Touch (or rather, 3D Touch) was first introduced by Apple on the iPhone 6S, and is a pressure sensitive display technology that Apple uses to provide additional interface options to users.
- Below the glass that covers the screen, there is an ultrasonic fingerprint reader like on the Mi 5s and the device will also reportedly sport an Iris Scanner.
- The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is listed to be powered by a 64-bit Snapdragon 821 quad-core processor paired with Adreno 530GPU.
- Leaks claim that a dual camera setup is incorporated into the device and the Mi Note 2 will sport two sensors at the back. The first one will be a 23-megapixel Sony IMX318 sensor, and the other one will be a 12-megapixel Sony IMX378 sensor. It will feature a dual-tone LED Flash, support OIS, and 4K video recording. The front camera is said to sport an 8-megapixel sensor.
- The successor to the original Mi Note will be available with 4GB of RAM + 64GB of storage and 6GB of RAM + 128GB of storage
- 4100mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- The Mi Note 2 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based MIUI 8, and supports dual-SIM slots (Nano + Nano). Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE , Bluetooth 4.1, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz) MU-MIMO, GPS, and USB Type-C port.
On the price front, The 4GB/64GB model will cost CNY 2,799 ($415/€380/ Rs. Rs. 27,800) while the 6GB/128GB model should be CNY 2,999 ($445/€405/ Rs.29,800).