We are months away from the launch of the Huawei Mate 10 and we have already reported on that. Now, we are getting to know that the new device will be enormously powerful thanks to the superb HiSilicon Kirin 970 processor at its heart. Some other specs and details of the upcoming device have also been leaked. Since Huawei is the parent company of HiSilicon, we believe that the price tag of the new Mate 10 will be lower than most competitors.
The new Huawei Mate 10 will make marked improvements over its predecessors in 4 different areas, says this report by Phonearena. It will have a 6.1-inch full-screen display and enhance focus will be laid on extending and enhancing battery life, ensuring that there is no noticeable software lag, making sure that the phone is primed for 5G services and delivers quality 4G service, and, finally, delivering super photographs.
So, how powerful will the HiSilicon Mate 10 actually be? The list of features aboard the new SoC include:
- 8-core configuration with 4 Cortex A73 cores and 4 Cortex A53 cores
- The new SoC bears a clock speed of up to 2.8 GHz
- The chipset also bears a 64-bit architecture and will work well with 64-bit apps as well.
- A 10nm manufacturing process will make for better performance
- The new HiSilicon Kirin 970 chipset will be able to support LPDDR4 RAM at 1866mHz, and
- Will support Dual SIM LTE.
Besides, the new Huawei Mate 10’s new HiSilicon Kirin 970 chipset will be a boost to domestic manufacturing processes in China as well. Since the device and the chipset have both been manufactured by the same parent company, it is expected that this new device will have a better price tag than most other rivals. Also, the manufacturing process will be easier to complete as well. As far as the Huawei Mate 10 is concerned, it is said to come with an edge-to-edge display upon launch.