Microsoft has revamped its SwiftKey app with new features via a new update that upgrades the app to version 7.0. This is the first major update for the app after it was acquired by Microsoft in 2016. The new update brings a host of new features to the app.
It brings a new toolbar to easily access Themes, Clipboard and more features on Android and iOS devices. The new toolbar replaces the existing Hub on Android-powered smartphones. Apart from that, it brings new stickers and emojis that you can add in your messages. It will also enable users to edit the stickers and emojis to suit their own style and personalities. Additionally, it also brings GIFs powered by GIPHY along with new location and calendar sharing features.
The latest update also brings 8 new languages for Indian users. Presently, it has compatibility of forty Indian languages with layout options. The new features of SwifKey version 7.0 for Android and iOS are listed below.
- New Toolbar feature offers easy access to your favorite SwiftKey features like themes, clipboard and more.
- Stickers give more ways to express yourself than just words.
- Save your favorite stickers and access them later from collections by tapping on the pin icon on the toolbar.
- There are more than 1000 GIFs to liven up your chat conversations in SwiftKey
- Search Option: Find anything you want from emojis to GIFs by using search option in Toolbar
- Location sharing which is currently available in the US and India, enables users to share location related information in messages.
- Calendar sharing option enables users to insert a calendar appointment with a couple of taps.
- Eight new Indian language options which include Assamese, Bengali, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Odia, and Telugu.
While talking about the latest update, Chris Wolfe, Principal Product manager at SwiftKey said “People are using more and more GIFs, stickers and emoji. Our research shows that 77% of Indian smartphone users insert stickers at least several times a week. The objective of SwiftKey 7.0 is to make these faster and easier than ever before. The toolbar makes that possible, as well as offering more personalized content that SwiftKey users can store in Collections.”