Slots are probably the most popular casino game among amateur gamblers and one of the longest-surviving formats seen on the game floor, physically and virtually. While some slots offer massive jackpots, others reward players more frequently. Minor variations like this are what make slot games unique.
Slots are the most popular game at mobile casinos in the US, followed by poker. We try and decode five factors behind the popularity of this evergreen game.
- Convenience – The days of waiting in long queues for your turn at the slots machine is long gone. iGaming brought veteran gamers closer to their favorite game while introducing a whole new tech-savvy generation to virtual slots. Imagine the popularity of slot machines at brick-and-mortar casinos combined with the modern era madness around video games, and it isn’t difficult to understand why slots remain popular to this day.
The competition among online slot operators is so intense, in fact, that the quality of service at a virtual establishment is often judged by the slot games being offered. With mobile gaming entering the picture, players now have access to an infinite collection of classic games converted into video format for the smartphone.
- Infinite Variation – Video slots offer design studios an infinite scope for creativity. Players, therefore, are spoilt for choice while selecting from a whole host of categories and themes. For instance, software developers have, for a long, utilized various subjects ranging from sports and movies to nature and vehicles, among others. The popularity of video slots has also encouraged the development of increasingly innovative features and better graphics.
- Simple Rules – Slots are the simplest of all casino games and are hence popular with the masses. Any average joe playing for the first time barely needs a few minutes to get used to the features and options available. Thus, making the game instantly approachable.
While veteran gamers are lured by the promise of big wins from highly volatile slots, first-timers are advised to read the fine print carefully before investing a dime, as there’s no such thing as a smart move by an inexperienced gambler.
- Massive Payouts – Always consider the risk vs. reward graph before investing a dime. While slots are known for high payouts, the frequency of winning a jackpot gets lower as the winning stake rises. The situation is the same for physical and online casinos.
While online casinos offer up to 90% of the total stake, land-based casinos return 86%. Operators can also offer a range of progressive jackpots, giving players a chance to amplify their wins. Slot machines in Las Vegas casinos are known to return massive payouts occasionally.
- Free Trials – Slots are particularly addictive and engaging when played regularly. Free games are the best way to kick the addiction while enjoying the gaming experience. Players get a chance to test drive what the creators have come up with while reveling in the experience but without investing a penny.