Far too often, technology is used as pacifiers for kids. The world of app and smartphones are here to stay. Its wise to see the reality of things and accept them rather then going against the flow. Instead of cursing what the world has come to, why not take advantage of the thousands of apps available out there for the development of your beloved children.In this article we have discussed about the top 10 Android Apps for Kids.
Every week brings dozens of new, individual apps for children around the world. Searching and finding the one’s required and suited for your kid is time-consuming and over-whelming. To make things easier for you, we have come up with 10 best Android apps for kids. These are divided into 7 categories (maths skills, early reading and writing, creativity, stories, coding, digital toy and games) for the different needs of your kid. We believe there is a place for digital products that allow kids and their parents to play together. More fun for both of you!
Medieval Math Battle Gold
Its a fun medieval math battle apps where kids learn multiplication, division, subtraction, and addition. While mathematics can be an overwhelming subjects for many, to avoid just that, the app tries to understand your child’s current ability level and challenges them to improve.
To download Medieval Math Battle Gold, click here.
- No in-app charges
- Fun way to memorize math facts
- Characters customization possible
- Medieval world full of battles and villains
- Launch offence toward your enemy via math and potions
- Daily bonus for 15 minutes of practice
- Math problems increases in difficulty as your child improves
Early Reading & Writing:
One of the best Android app for kids, Endless Alphabet is fun, educational, and easy to use. The alphabet app is targeted to preschoolers but the animation is capable of holding attention of older kids too. The app helps to expand their vocabularies by use of an interactive puzzle, talking letters and short animation illustrating the definition.
To download Endless Alphabet click here.
- Cute monsters and clever animations engage kids in exploring words and letters
- Kids can connect word meanings to the real world through the adorable animations
- Words are added regularly to keep the content fresh
- Over 50 words to explore and learn
- There are no high scores, failures, limits or stress
- Designed so that the kid can learn in her/his own pace
- Offers in-app purchases
Ladybird: I’m Ready to Spell
“The perfect app for children preparing for the Phonics Screening Check and beyond. A must-have in any household,” said literacy specialist, Kate Ruttle in praise of Ladybird. This app has been developed by Penguin Books. It has mini space-themed games that allures the children into learning spellings in fun interactive ways.
Price: Rs. 245.98
To download Ladybird: I’m Ready to Spell;click here.
- Multiple user account allowed
- 3 space themed games available
- Each game has three levels to progress through
- Complete each spelling to win a star
- You can add your child’s own school spellings
- Spell against the clock via Speedy Spellings
- Fill in the missing letter to complete the word via Sinking Spellings
- Learn to unscramble the letters to complete the word via Scrambled Spellings
Kids have many different emotional needs. Nurturing their creativity is a way to nurture healthy emotional development. Toca Builders encourages both creativity and curiosity by creating and crafting things with blocks. It involves six super builders – Blox, Cooper, Vex, Stretch, Connie and Jum-Jum, who helps your kid to create a hole new world.
To download Toca Builders; Click here.
- No in-app purchases
- Easy-to-use app for kids with a kid-friendly interface
- Awesome creative possibilities
- Jump, walk, roll and rotate the builders to use their unique skills
- Drop, spray, smash and lift blocks to construct new objects
- Color each individual blocks as you want
- No rules or time-limits
FriendStrip Kids Pro
“An app fulled by your kids imagination,” they say. FriendStrip Kids Pro enables your kid to embark on a journey of crazy adventures. Through its lens your kid will dive into a stimulating universe and learn storytelling. With this app Kids can create and star in their own custom comic strips.
To download FriendStrip Kids Pro; click here.
- Over 85 scenarios available to be integrated special effects
- Learn narrative arc by including a clear beginning, middle, and end
- Kids can choose princesses, pirates, dinosaurs, and even time travel.
- Fully customizable texts
- Kids can tweak the story until it becomes their own
- Kids can share it via social media or email it
The Grimm’s Collection – Vol.1
Its a virtual bookshelf developed by StoryToys. Three award-winning 3D Grimm’s series are available (Grimm’s Rapunzel, Grimm’s Red Riding Hood and Grimm’s Hansel and Gretel) in this one convenient app. In this app fairytales from the Brothers Grimm are turned into pseudo pop-up digital stories.
To download The Grimm’s Collection; click here.
- The interactive scenes are carefully woven into the fabric of the tale
- Full 3D experience
- Three interactive modes available – Read to Me, Read it Myself, and Autoplay
- Young readers become involved in the story through a series of fun games and actions
- Available in the following languages – English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Korean and simplified Chinese
For Kids aged between two to ten, Me Books bring them their favorite bedtime stories and comics. This too is an award-winning app that offers hundreds of popular books and comics hand-picked for children who stories and nursery rhymes. Some of the wonderful stories are Thomas the Tank Engine, Frozen, Peter Rabbit, Charlie & Lola, Toy Story, Cars, Monsters Inc, etc. One positive thing about Me Books is that it shows how publishers and startups are experimenting together.
Price: Minimum Rs. 50
To download Me Books; click here.
- Offer voice narration and the ability to record your own dialogue and sound effects
- Voice narration provided by celebrities including Richard E. Grant, Sir David Jason, Tamsin Greig, Adam Buxton and Josie Lawrence
- Able to save, swap and share versions of the stories
Hakitzu Elite: Robot Hackers
Price: Minimum Rs. 58.32
To download Hakitzu Elite: Robot Hackers;click here.
- No previous coding knowledge required
- More and more coding, enables you to earn points which you can use to purchase the ultimate weapons
- Compete online against your Facebook friends using a large arsenal of weapons and across a number of awesome arenas
- Rank your way up through the different coding difficulties – from beginner, Junior Coder, Coder to Hacker
If there’s one thing that kids love to do, its petting animals. And animals themselves hold a kind of fascination for kids. The app contains 21 beautifully animated animals from acclaimed author and illustrator Christoph Niemann. app combines the charm of hand made animations and Niemann’s wry humor with state of the art technology. Swipe and tap at the animals to see.
Price: Rs. 200
To download Petting Zoo; click here.
- Playful, interactive and musical sounds for each animal
- Animals don’t speak English therefore no English required
- This fun app can be used by anyone, from infants to adults
Minecraft – Pocket Edition
Though Minecraft has been around for years, the app still feels new and fresh. The app help generate worlds and build amazing things from the simplest of homes to the grandest of castles. Its like a crash course on architecture and the only limit is your imagination.
Price: Rs. 479.56
To download Minecraft- Pocket Edition; click here.
- Play in creative mode with unlimited resources
- Or mine deep into the world in survival mode
- Crafting weapons and armors
So folks, at an age where technology is one of the first things children experience since birth, would’t you consider using that technology for the development of your kid. Would you like to add anything to this list of 10 best Android apps for kids?? Write your suggestion in the “Comments” section, below.