In May, we covered the SPECTRA Pro, a portable and intelligent eBoard with 3D posture control system, the smallest available ABS braking module, and a supercar-grade carbon fiber and magnesium unibody. Since then, SPECTRA raised an impressive $584K, and because we love our crowdfunding campaigns, we wanted to find out what exactly made it successful. Here are five tips we’ve summed up from Henri Pang, CEO and Founder of WALNUTT.
- Do not begin crowdfunding until your manufacturing is almost complete.
- A well-targeted and organized pre-launch campaign is a must. This includes compiling a pre-launch email list.
- Create quality videos that are realistic and show off how incredible your product is. Those beautiful over-the-top marketing videos do not work as well as they used to. Consumers want to be able to visualize themselves in scenarios with your product. If the video is not quality, you are going to turn a lot of potential backers away.
- Reach out to the appropriate media outlets as well as influencers like bloggers and YouTubers. This can be the most cost-effective way to boost up a campaign.
- Communicate with your backers. Respond to every comment and as quickly as possible. Post updates often.
Although the SPECTRA campaign has ended, you can still pre-order the SPECTRA Pro, as well as three other models of the board including the SPECTRA Mini, Advanced, and Silver, from Indiegogo during their InDemand phase going on now.