Treyarch has released a major global update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 that brings a host of new additions to the game along with some bug fixes. The update brings quality-of-life improvements, a new Perk system modifier and PC specific balance changes.
In the patch notes, Treyarch states that the PC balance changes brought via this update is different from other platforms and the teams evaluate them separately. As a result, the notes have their own PC section detailing the new changes like additional keybinds, push to talk, ASUS Aura RGB effects and several other balance changes to weapons.
Apart from these changes, all the different playing modes have received improvements to detect melee attacks, exploit fixes in Multiplayer and crash fixes in Zombies. The Zombies Mode has also got a revamped Perk system to increase the weapon reload speed. This Perk system is called Speed Cola Perk and was available in earlier versions of Call of Duty.
“This preserves the role of these weapon attachments in creating the quickest-handling guns in each weapon class. Additionally, we wanted to ensure the reload modifiers from certain Pack-a-Punch versions of weapons are still meaningful, which stack with the new ‘Speed Cola’ tuning values,” the note reads.
The folks at Gaming website Gamespot has listed all the changes that the latest update has introduced to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 which has been listed below.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Patch Note Details
- Improved melee attack hit registration. More improvements to come in an upcoming patch.
- Added enemy attachment information to Killcam.
- Resolved an issue where players leaving a match shortly after joining could cause a white square to appear in the Scoreboard.
- Closed an exploit that allowed players to apply Dark Matter, Gold, or Diamond Camos on any weapon regardless of camo progress.
- Resolved an issue where players with Signature Weapons could encounter UI Error 55068 when selecting a weapon under another Custom Class tab.
CWL Custom Games
- Specialist Equipment restrictions are now implemented as intended.
- Players now continue to earn score toward Scorestreaks after the first round of CWL Search & Destroy and CWL Control.
- Torque is no longer selectable in CWL Search & Destroy to align with current official CWL ruleset. These changes will continue to be tested and reviewed for viability in competitive play.
- Torque’s Razor Wire no longer does damage to align with current official CWL ruleset.
- Resolved an issue where players could become stuck and unable to move when walking into an enemy Torque’s Razor Wire.
- Closed an exploit where players could grapple on top of the red shed.
- Closed a cover exploit on top of some sandbags.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when shooting down the Care Package, Mantis, or Strike Team Helicopters.
- Resolved an issue in Gun Game where winning a match, then leaving the lobby before the next game starts, could cause that player’s name to appear on the next game’s Scoreboard with stats from the previous game.
- EKIA tracking has been added for Domination and Control to the “Proactive Measures” Challenge requirements in the Game Heroics category.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a player disconnected while the Chakram was thrown.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the Blightfather performed its tracking missile attack.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur while using Anywhere But Here.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur while using the Chakram throw.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur upon Homunculus death.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when fighting the Destroyer during the Main Quest.
- Fixed a crash that could occur upon completing the Arena Rock side quest.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when enemies spawned during the Ra obelisk step in the Main Quest.
- Resolved an issue in Blood of the Dead where ambient music would abruptly stop and restart when progressing through rounds.
- Closed an exploit where players could use certain Elixirs without consuming them.
- Updated descriptions for Ranger, Airborne, Frogman, Seal, and Battle Hardened characters to clarify that they are unlocked by progressing to a specific Echelon.