Facebook, like air, water, food, etc has become an unavoidable part and a necessity of all our lives. The day when one’s personal facebook id will also become as important as other details like passport, voter id cards, etc, is not too far. If we take a look at the scenario of just ten years earlier, then we will find that along with time, our habits have also changed. Today the first thing that we do after waking up is that, we check the number of notifications and messages on Facebook. This is a common habit of all. However, there are certain things about the messaging feature of Facebook that everybody may not like. The biggest one is that the pings of the messenger sometimes do create a lot of disturbance unnecessarily when we are busy with some other work on internet.
So naturally all of us at least once in our life must have wished for an option to logout of the messenger without logging out of the Facebook. But we wonder that is there any such option available at all? Yes friends! There is a way out for solving this problem also. To know those methods just go through this article.
Also Check: Using two WhatsApp account from one phone
Logging out of Facebook Messenger methods
Logging out of Facebook Messenger on Android Phones
- Go to the option called ‘Settings’
- Go to Application Manager
- Select Messenger
- Tap on clear data
- Then a box stating the fact that all your data will be deleted will appear
- Tap on ok
- The tap on clear cache
- Close the Settings option
- Go to Messenger on your phone
- It will ask for your email id and password for a fresh log in
- That’s all! You are now logged out of Messenger
Logging out of Facebook Messenger on iOS
- Launch chat app.
- Tap the icon for SETTINGS.
- Tap TERMS OF SERVICE.
- Scroll down gently until you can spot the highlighted words, DATA USE POLICY. Tap that blue hyperlink.
- Tap the menu bar on the top left corner.
- Tap MORE RESOURCES
- Tap DEVELOPER PAYMENT TERMS
- Zoom slowly until you can see clearly your PROFILE PICTURE at the top right corner. Tap your picture to reveal the drop down menu.
- Tap LOG OUT from that drop down menu
Also Check: Top 10 texting apps for Android
Logging out of Faceboo Messenger on Windows
- Go to Menu > Settings in your android device
- Go to Application Manager
- Now search for Facebook messenger and tap on it
- There you have to select Clear Data, Clear Cache options.
- After clearing data/cache, data you will be logged out of your facebook application.
Simple it is! Is it not? So now enjoy surfing net on your phone without getting disturbed by the pinging texts on your Facebook Messenger.
We hope that these steps would help you to get out of your problems and were enough to answer all your queries regarding logging out from the Facebook Messenger. For more interesting information like this, keep in touch with Techvicity.