NBA 2K17 VR: 2K Games has officially confirmed that the NBA 2K17 VR version will be out for PlayStation VR. Rumours also indicate that 2K plans to bring ‘mini games’ in the PlayStation VR version. The challenges include a 3-point contest: time attack, skill challenge course, and party tournament. Reportedly, there are 13 trophies for the NBA 2K17 VR experience.
NBA 2K17 was released in September 2016. For the uninitiated, Virtual Reality (VR) refers to technology that uses software to make sounds, images and all other sensations humanly realistic and intrinsically accurate. If the rumours are true, this will be the first basketball video game to foray into the domain of virtual reality. Fanboys will jump with joy at this news, that is for sure. Trickster, Shootster and Speedster are the three modes that have been alleged to be in the contest mode. Besides, the ‘Solo mode’ can be played on any difficulty setting. It is not clear however when exactly the perfect VR output feeling will be delivered; the technology is quite time-consuming.
Another source states that games like NBA 2K17 VR with a combination of sports and VR may be a bad idea for people with motion sickness: these games ar supposed to be played with spirit and with actual physical activity, and playing for longer hours can precipitate attacks. The player has to be restricted to physical boundaries. On the other hand, the mini-games are a good starting point for novices and gaming enthusiasts who haven’t yet had a taste of VR gaming.
This is the complete list of trophies available for the NBA 2K17 VR according to the leaked source as mentioned in detail:
- Party Time: Complete any Party Single Event, on any difficulty (main user only).
- Friend Zone: Complete a Party Tournament, on any difficulty (main user only).
- Fueled Up: Consume every type of boost, and complete a game with each boost, in SOLO mode.
- Tricked Out: Unlock all Skills Challenge Courses, on any difficulty, in SOLO mode.
- The Alternator: Sink every other shot in a Three-Point game, on any difficulty, in SOLO mode.
- Ultimate Challenger: Reach challenge 10 (and sink the basket successfully) on Buzzer Beater, in SOLO mode.
- Three-Point Master: Complete a Three-Point game without missing a single shot, on Pro difficulty, in SOLO mode.
- Time Lord: Achieve a catch-to-release time of fewer than 10.0 seconds and never miss a shot, on Pro or All-Star difficulty in Buzzer Beater, in SOLO mode.
- Sink King: Complete a Time Attack game without missing a single shot, on any difficulty, with at least 15 successful baskets, in SOLO mode.
- Missin’ Impossible: Complete Course 10 of Skills Challenge on All-Star difficulty, without a single miss, in SOLO mode.
Players with PS4 Pro and PSVR, its VR-based cousin, will undoubtedly get stunning visuals with accurately detailed VR. Now that the trophy details are out, and is mentioned below, fans and gaming enthusiasts, especially the fans of 2K games and NBA2K16, will await with baited breath the arrival of the latest thing in VR gaming.
Watch this space!